quinta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2015

O feitiço dos livros / Book spell



Lady in White by a Window, Carle John Blenner

 

"I barricaded myself in my room to read the first few lines. Before I knew what was happening, I had fallen right into it. The minutes and hours glided by as in a dream. When the cathedral bells tolled midnight, I barely heard them. Under the warm light cast by the reading lamp, I was plunged into a new world of images and sensations, peopled by characters who seemed as real to me as my room. Page after page I let the spell of the story and its world take me over, until the breath of dawn touched my window and my tired eyes slid over the last page. I lay in the bluish half-light with the book on my chest and listened to the murmur of the sleeping city. My eyes began to close, but I resisted. I did not want to lose the story’s spell or bid farewell to its characters yet". 

Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind

Sem comentários:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin